4 October 2019 г.
Global Dental Ambassadors: academic exchange with BSMU
The exchange of knowledge and experience is one of the main areas of international cooperation of the Belarusian State Medical University. Through various workshops with foreign partners BSMU academic staff has the opportunity to broaden their horizons in the professional sphere and meet colleagues from different countries.
On September 19-20, 2019 the Global Dental Ambassador team and the Department of Pediatric Dentistry of the Belarusian State Medical University held a workshop. The workshop included numerous lectures to dental students and interactive exchanges with dental faculty members of the Belarusian State Medical University.
Global Dental Ambassadors (GDA) is a public organization that promotes the international exchange of knowledge in the field of dentistry. The Global Dental Ambassador team included 10 specialists in general and communal dentistry, pediatric dentistry, geriatric dentistry, maxillofacial surgery from various clinics of the United States of America.
As the honored guests the workshop was attended by:
- Vasili Roudenok (BSMU, Vice-Rector for International Relations, professor);
- Andrey Matveev (Chief non-staff dentist of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus);
- David Okuji (Member of Global Dental Ambassadors, New York University Langone Hospitals)
- Tamara Terekhova (BSMU, Head of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry);
- Natalya Shakovets (BSMU, Deputy Head of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry on academic work).
The workshop provided the opportunity for specialists to get acquainted with the features of providing dental care to the population in various clinics and countries, share their best practices and experience.
The following reports were presented at the workshop:
- “Pulpotherapy of temporary teeth” (Dr. Susan Sergie, Pediatric Dentistry Resident; New York University Langone Hospitals, Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Endodontic treatment of diseases of permanent teeth with unformed roots” (Dr. Majd Alsaleh, Pediatric Dentistry; Chicago, Illinois, Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Pediatric dentistry: Frequently Asked Questions” (Dr. Willie Chao, Pediatric Dentistry; Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Pediatric dentistry - reception of dental-patient population with “special needs” (Dr. Oariona Lowe, Pediatric Dentistry; University of California-Los Angeles, Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Questions and answers of the pathomorphological diagnosis of diseases of oral mucosa” (T.A.Bech, Associate Professor of the Department of Pathological Anatomy, BSMU, Belarus);
- “Inflammatory diseases of the head and neck in children” (Dr. Boris Zats, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; New York University Langone Hospitals, Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Ethical issues in patient care” (Dr. Qurrat-ul-Anne Yousaf, Community Dentistry; Falls Church, Virginia, Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Dentistry for the elderly” (Dr. Kadambari Rawal, Geriatric Dentistry; Boston University, Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Oral pathology in pediatric dentistry” (Dr. Patricia DeVilliers, Oral Pathology; Bradenton, Florida, Global Dental Ambassadors, USA);
- “Biomarkers in the diagnosis of oral and periodontal diseases” (L.A. Kazeko, Head of the 1st Department of Therapeutic Dentistry, BSMU, Belarus);
- “Rehabilitation of children with congenital cleft in the upper lip and palate” (T.N.Terekhova, Head of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Y.V.Zenkevich, assistant, BSMU, Belarus).
Looking forward to meeting the Global Dental Ambassador team with new lectures at Belarusian State Medical University!
Author: Varvara Boika, Head of the Department of International Relations
Photo: Dmitry Zelenkovsky
Translation: Varvara Boika