On November 15 at the Belarusian State Medical University a scientific and practical workshop “Reproductive family health: modern medical, psychological, social and ethical aspects” was held within the framework of the VI Form of the All-Russian program “Sanctity of Motherhood”. The forum was organized by the Foundation of Saint Andrew the First-Called , together with the Karic Brothers Foundation (Serbia) with the support of the Minsk City Executive Committee and the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Republic of Belarus.
Presentations were made by:
1) N.A. Zharkin, MD, Professor, Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Volgograd State Medical University, topic: “Perinatal psychology and its role in obstetric practice. Prevention of perinatal mental disorders on the fetus. Ethical problems of medical treatment in the tragedy of reproductive choice”;
2) V.M. Ostapenko, MD, Head of the Department of Philosophy, History of Medicine with a course in psychology and pedagogy, Dean of the Psychological and Social Faculty, Smolensk State Medical University, topic: “Abortion as a bioethical problem. The status of the Embryo. Axiological approach in the work of a doctor and a psychologist”;
3) Eva Slizen-Kuchapska (Poland) gynecologist, teacher at the Warsaw Medical University, topic: “Poland's experience in reducing abortion rates. Prevention of reproductive health disorders”;
4) T.I. Bresso, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Psychotherapy, Psychological and Social Faculty, Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov, topic: “Methods of psychodiagnostics in family and pre-abortion counseling”;
5) A.A. Karpenko, chief psychologist for family planning in the Department of Health of the Voronezh Region, topic: “Difficult cases in advising women in situations of reproductive choice”.
The workshop was aimed at drawing public attention to modern opportunities and current methods of preserving the values of family, marriage, motherhood and fatherhood, and also promoted the exchange of experience and the development of practical solutions that can help strengthen the vitality of the family in the modern world.