Тel: + 375 17 277-06-78
Topographic Anatomy and Operative Surgery is the educational discipline containing systematized scientific knowledge and techniques in the field of topographic anatomy and operative surgery, studying the layer anatomy of human body regions, topography of the organs, principles and techniques of surgical procedures.
The curriculum of the discipline “Topographic Anatomy and Operative Surgery” includes the latest scientific data about the modern methods of surgical treatment of various diseases (video endoscopic intervention, heart surgery under extracorporal circulation, replantation of the limbs, prosthetic joints and blood vessels, heart transplantation, etc.). A distinctive feature of a new curriculum is a statement of learning and teaching objectives that are directed to form academic, social and personal, and professional competencies among students.
The aim of teaching and learning the academic discipline “Topographic Anatomy and Operative Surgery” is to provide the students with the scientific knowledge about the human topographic anatomy and applying this knowledge to substantiation and performing medical procedures and surgical interventions.
The tasks of studying the discipline are to develop the students’ academic competences, based on the ability to self-search educational and information resources, as well as acquire and understand the knowledge of:
– the basic concepts of topographic anatomy and operative surgery, professional anatomical and clinical terminology;
– principles of structurally functional organization of the human body;
– typical pathological processes and diseases, demanding surgical treatment;
– principles and techniques of the typical surgical interventions.
The tasks of teaching the discipline include the formation of students’ social, personal and professional competences, based on the knowledge and application of:
– methods of analysis of socially important issues, phenomena and processes
– rules and moral norms of the behavior
– normative legal acts, regulating professional activity
– professional ethics requirements
– methods of organs topography research
– principles of topographically anatomical substantiation of surgical interventions techniques
– methods of the academic tasks solution, contributing to the formation of clinical thinking.